Come and see,…
I am sure that all of you, have looked for a job in your lives. Actually, I am a jobseeker. Since, I started to apply for jobs I’ve sent about 400 CVs. Maybe more? It’s so complex, that for me, is like be working in a full time job. How many of you have felt identified with my situation? I hope no many of you.
So, normally, I look on the internet job websites, job fairs, workshops, LinkedIn, voluntary positions,…. Even I have paid for a program that included a course and an internship. At the beginning, I thought I got it. It would be in an office in Liverpool Street. So I felt the happiest person in the world.

But happiness, was not for longer. When the moment arrived, they just offered me a homework job position, frustrating, but I had nothing better to do, so I accepted. The company I was going to work for, set the starting day, but when the day arrived, nothing happened. So, I called the company: voicemail. I call to my career advisor: voicemail. Anyway I complained to them. Next day by 5AM I got an email from the company with some work. I did it, happy of doing anything. But again, the company which I was doing the internship didn’t email anymore,.. till next week. I’ve called this phenomenon the job curve of happiness, because, each time is more and more disappointed.

Since the bottom of the well, I decided to look for another ways to follow my purpose. I applied for internships, apprenticeships, trainees, and voluntary jobs. The only ones, that answered me were the voluntary job positions, and I am starting to do some interviews. I am at the beginning of the job curve of happiness again.

Recruitment processes are awkward, longer and longer in other cases, I’ve done so many that I am thinking about write a book. How many of you have answered the question “ Why do you want to work here? Thinking about what an idiot question? I need a job that’s why. Then you think, well it should be a psychology question, so let’s start bureaucracy, but not without your cup of tea. Because I don’t know about you, but I need a cup of tea each time I face with questionnaires about stupid questions, Why don’t they ask for technical questions?

On the other hand, I concluded that recruiters have jobs because of us, what would be of them without people who is able to send them emails and application forms?, so thanks of us they have vacancies to fill, although sometimes you hate them.


Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog