CONVINCING YOU TO DONATE MONEY FOR A GOOD CAUSE

Every morning when I walk through Basildon’s streets, I see a lot of charity shops around. The purpose of those charities is to raise money.  Now, I am going to be on the side of one charity. One that I consider, the population should be more involved with.

The PDSA, is a pet charity, they raise money for homeless dogs and cats. I don’t know about you, but when I wake up in the morning, I have 5 cats waiting for me.  Cats and dogs, don’t talk, of course, but they have a particular way to say “thank you”. They look at you with care and devotion, never leave you alone, they don’t make any judgements, they just want to be part of your life.

Pets are good for kids and for older people. They show kids how to be more responsible and to follow a routine, because everyday they have to take the dog for a walk, and feed it. That means, less hours on the PlayStation. For older people, the most important thing is they don’t feel lonely. I don’t know if you know, but pets are used in some retirement places as a therapy, for example, for Alzheimer’s disease and others.

Sometimes we meet people in the street, who are trying to collect money, and they will tell you “that it is just 30p a day, that’s nothing isn’t it?”. Well,  it’s not about money, it’s about compensating what they do for us, it doesn’t matter if you have a pet or not. Just think, that when you go to the supermarket, I am sure you buy some chocolates or something nice for yourself,  next time you buy chocolates, you could think, I will buy less chocolates and I will give this money, that I haven’t spent, to PDSA. People who work in the charity are going to do something with this money, for the pets. Also, that could be a good point in your weight loss plan, because you are changing something negative for you, for something positive.

We are so busy in our lives that we don’t realise how important this can be for society at large. For this reason, it is important to raise awareness about it. As you might have noticed, I haven’t mentioned any quantities of money, because obviously, they need money, I can’t deny this, but if you feel that you can do more than just give money, be a volunteer. If you cannot have a pet at home, why not be a volunteer. It is a chance to help, but it is a chance to meet people as well. Finally, I would ask you, to find your own way to help the PDSA, volunteering or donating.

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog