Why do they let them run businesses?

Before starting I must warn you that all I am telling you today is the truth, although it may seem unrealistic, unexpected or unbelievable. As I told you in my last speech, I have started to do interviews, for voluntary jobs, but still interviews. So I went to London for an admin voluntary job in a charity for homeless people.

I arrived 10 minutes early, I found the building, it was old. I couldn’t see through the windows because they were covered with black paint. I rang the reception buzzer. Nobody answered me. It was 10 minutes later when a man opened the door. He apologised and I went into the office to do the interview. Nothing appeared normal.

He didn’t even know my name, a volunteer had scheduled my interview. With no information about me, he started to say that I looked like a business lady and also that my hair cut was like a broadcaster TV woman. Then he let me know, with a determined and clear voice, that he had only 15 minutes to do the interview, because he was too busy, he had food to pick up and give to poor people. He needed a person to stay in the office when he was not there so he didn’t understand why a foreign person like me applied for the job, he even asked if I was able to understand and reply to emails in English. After all this bullshit, I said “Sorry”, my intention was to stand up to finish with that, but suddenly he started  to talk about the charity, about homeless people,… all this kind of stuff.

Twenty minutes later, he was still talking, (in my opinion rambling), not saying anything about my duties and I nodded, pretending to be interested and at the same time looking furtively at the main door.

When this torture had finished, he insisted on showing me the operation. At the end of my visit, we got to the food store or something like this. He offered me some food for my lunch, I said “no, I am fine, thanks”. He insisted and opened a fridge. A smelly fridge. I had nausea. I took the food, and he offered me the option of staying there, so I replied that as Spanish person I would like to eat out in the sunshine.

Finally, I could escape from there with the food, from the smelly fridge, which I would throw away, as soon as I found the first bin. He said “goodbye” to me, also that I was welcome to the charity. He asked if I would be able to move to London, I said “no, its to expensive for a voluntary job”, then he offered to cover my transport expenses, without telling anyone in the charity.

Conclusion: I am a very positive person but today I don’t see any positives in this story. How is it possible that people like that are able to run a charity and I am not able to find a job or even to do a normal interview? Is that not ironic? I would like, that if you have had any experiences like mine, please, send me an email about it and I will publish it.  Your experiences are very welcome.

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog